dale chihuly_glass art. check him out. So the semester has started... second day in... and so far so good. But I must say that I am feeling a bit older now. Not in terms of age, but rather in maturity level. I am no longer a rookie at this going to school thing. I have one class where most of the students are second years, sophomores tend to have a bit of a "know it all" attitude over the freshmen and its very interesting to see how that is. I cannot recall if I was like that, but then again I was working in a club when I was a sophomore in college **in Hollywood, so school wasn't my priority. Seems that summer changes people. A few months away from school, traveling, partying and or working really makes a person grow a bit more and come back to school with a completely different perspective in life and school.
This is my last year as a undergrad. I'm still playing with the idea of going to grad school, but that would mean that I would have to know pretty sure what field I would want to get into, but since I do not know. I wont be entertaining the idea of going to more school. But Food Historian would be a pretty neat title to add to my name... just joking..(maybe) I have no clue what is to come in my world as far as what I would love and want to do after I am done with school. I would love to be in the field of food but planning is also something I would be interested in going into, I guess in spreading my skills and passions all over the place really made it into a very difficult journey in finding what I would want to end up doing. But I guess that's the point of growing, learning what I want and getting to that place.
Sometimes just going with where the wind takes you might be the best way to dealing with the world. Coming to school in the east coast was a little dream I had when I was in High School, but after a death in the family I had opted for a closer school and staying in Los Angeles, although it was good for a while my plans were shot down and I was forced to come to the east coast to finish out my education. I guess it was destined for me to really hone my skills as a student and take schooling seriously, which I am now *trying at least*.
I think that in life, you have to try your best to put yourself into the path you want to be in, and hope that the wind and the world thinks highly of your dreams to carry you there. Just because you want something really badly does not mean that it was meant for you, as much as one can try-challenges will come knocking at your door and if you face them with might-you can win and get to where you deserve to be. I mean this for everything, love, school, life, professionally. some people struggle everyday to get closer to what they want, but sometimes it is a false want and it will consume your energy. knowing when to stop and realize you need to reflect upon who you are and what you want is essential to becoming truly happy. I think my generation and a few before me and most of those younger than I, have a hard time knowing themselves. To me, truly knowing yourself is the way to find happiness and living a genuine good life. How are you to ask and look for something/someone for you, if you, yourself do not know what you may really want. I think giving yourself some 'me time' is good for the soul. a date with yourself is very very healthy, some may find it silly and just 'loser status' but in the end, those who know themselves are able to find what in this world truly makes them happy. and with that i hope everyone has a great day/week/month.
shalom.

No comments:
Post a Comment